MSCR Program at O'Keeffe
MSCR is a department of the School District, and we all are obligated to work together to improve the school experience and success or our young people.
To provide a coordinated, safe, supervised, supportive place for middle and high school students to go during non-school hours that fosters and enhances:
- Student attachment to school through positive interactions with peers, school staff, and volunteers.
- Student achievement and attendance by providing a variety of programs that focus on academic achievement, social-emotional skill development, and recreational skills.
- Student’s world view by exposure to a variety of activities.
Open MSCR Secondary After School Site Mission/Vision/Outcomes to view the full document.
What We Do
MSCR afterschool programming is drop-in and open to all students in the school, operating mostly Mondays through Thursdays. MSCR is not a child care program and does not run on all school days.
Excellence, Belonging, Racial Equity, and Social Justice, Voice, Focus, Creativity
School of Hope
Schools of Hope is a unique collaboration between schools, community, volunteers, and organizations like the Urban League. It is one of the largest and most successful community-based tutoring programs in Wisconsin. The Schools of Hope Middle School Program relies on community volunteers to support students of color and those from low-income families in the areas of math and literacy to ensure that all students are high school, college, and community ready.
This is where You come in. We need caring adult volunteers to serve as tutors in our 9 Madison-based school sites. Volunteers do not need to have prior tutoring experience. Schools of Hope will provide a variety of orientation and training opportunities, in addition to consistent on-going support by our school-based staff.
Early Release PCT Mondays:
- 1:47 - 4:15 - Academic Enrichment and Recreational Clubs Meet
Tuesday – Thursday and non-PCT Mondays
- 2:50-4:15 - Academic Support, Academic Enrichment Clubs, Sports Practices and Recreational Programs
- 4:15-4:45 - Sports practices continue for students who have alternate transportation
- 4:45 - Late bus arrives - Yellow Badger Bus provided by MSCR